Legal Update: Dallas Hearing June 7, 2021
April 24, 2021--Legal Update from the desk of Pastor Tony Spell:
The United States, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has taken up oral argument on our case, Spell vs. Edwards. This will be an in-person court hearing. On June 7, 2021, at 9AM, our lead counsel, Judge Roy Moore, along with Attorney Jeff Wittenbrink, will represent Pastor Tony Spell. Governor John Bel Edwards, along with his defense team, will also be present. Never before, in the 245-year history of our nation, has there been such atrocious attacks on religious and civil liberties, such as our case proves. Spell vs. Edwards is a one-of-a kind, first-of-its-kind, case. Our case does not deal with "equal protection, least restrictive means, or strict scrutiny.” Instead, our case claims: "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW!"
How has the Church become less important than retailers who were allowed to stay open with no restrictions, while churches were mandated to be closed? Mandates were inconsistent and confusing as a whole, and God is NOT the author of confusion! How degenerate of a society have we become when a judge can order me to prison for preaching? How passive have we become in religion when our religious leaders tolerate these things? I have been charged with nine crimes for having the audacity to hold in-person church services! The Bible teaches that we cannot be a “church” without assembly (Hebrews 10:25)! Church, by definition, is: "The assembly of called-out ones.” There are two words that have rang out for the past fifteen months of American History: "essential” and “non-essential.” This past year in America, over-reaching tyrannical government has implemented their dark agenda to try and render the church "non-essential!” Not on our watch!
1. Assembly is our conviction.
2. The state has no jurisdiction in the church.
3. I was arrested, surveilled, monitored, harassed, defamed, threatened, and forbidden to preach to my congregation by our judicial branch. I was issued restraining orders to prevent me from approaching thugs, criminals, and the inciting protestors who harassed me in front of my church. Illegal federal and city police camera surveillance was installed on my church property and my home. I was followed by officials.
4. Eight of our church members were terminated from their jobs for attending our services.
5. Assembling is an inalienable right; the government did not give it, and the government cannot take it away.
6. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of Religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.
On June 7, 2021, the opportunity to tell our tyrannical government to stand down has come. America is a nation that was founded “for the people to the government,” not “for the government to the people.” Our government was created by us for us, not by the government for the people. They should fear us, not us fear them. The outcome of this case will determine the future of pure religion for all denominations and religious persuasions, not only in America, but globally. June 7th in Dallas, Texas will prove that. Let’s make it count!
Pastor Tony Spell